Type of flight vehicle Helicopter
Main features Flying Testbed for Helicopter Hardware and Software Modifications. (A really flying machine!) -> Flying Helicopter Simulator equipped with an Active Control Technology (ACT/FHS) – here: the on-board-experimentals incl. a ground station.
Control system Fly-by-light flight controls free configurable (experimental flight controls). Testplatform for research with HMD’s, side-sticks and avionic-systems.
Full authority, quadruplex fly-by-wire/light control system with smart actuators and a simplex experimental system. It completely replaces the original flight control system and provides a high degree of flexibility.
Maximum altitude ?
Measurement instruments5 The experimental system accesses the following sensors of the basic helicopter:
– 2 attitude and heading reference systems,
– 2 air data systems
– Central panel display system with access to 2 full authority digital engine controls (and other data),
– Radar altimeter.
The experimental system contains the following additional sensors:
– Inertial navigation system,
– Differential and satellite augmented global positioning systems,
– Noseboom air data sensors,
– Main rotor and tail boom load monitor,
– Collision avoidance sensor,
– Obstacle and terrain sensors with laser radar, microwave radar, normal camera and infrared camera
Comment F / T Flying Helicopter Simulator (here: the experimental systems and the ground station)