Closed circuit wind tunnel with an open jet surrounded by a 9x8x6 m3 anechoic room, completely covered with 0.5 m foam wedges yielding more than 99% absorption above 200 Hz. The NLR-AWT can also be equipped with a closed section in which speeds of 130 m/s (0.8×0.6 m2 test section) and 160 m/s (0.6×0.6m2 test section) can be reached with a low turbulence level (u’ < 0.05%).
- Reynolds Number: maximum in [10^6 m/m]: 0.5.
- Mach / Maximum Velocity: 100 m/s (open jet) – 150 m/s (closed test section)
- Maximum Temperature & Preassure:
- Duct Diameter / Test Section Dimensions: 0.48 m2 (0.8 x 0.6 m2) and 0.36 (0.6 x 0.6 m2) open jet and closed test sections
- The WT represents a 1:10 scaled version of the DNW-LLF.
- Acoustic measurements (microphones, unsteady pressure transducer)
- Pressure measurement; Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV); Hot Wire anemometry
8 hours (single shift), 5 days